Children's Worship Service Lesson
March 22, 2020
Hi Kids, I trust you and your families are staying healthy and safe at this time.
Our Bible lesson for this Sunday is entitled "David and Goliath." For those of you using the Beginner Bible, the story is on pages 173-180. For those using the Picture Bible, it's found on pages 282-287. And for you older children and adults, the story can be found in the book of I Samuel 17:1-51. The special verse is I Samuel 17:47 - "All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord's, and he will give all of you into our hands."
After you read the story, here are some questions you can answer to test your memory:
1) What was David's job as a boy?
2) What army came to fight King Saul's army?
3) What was the giant's name that challenged the Israelite army?
4) How tall was the giant?
5) What did David's dad, Jesse, ask him to bring to his brothers while they were fighting in King Saul's army?
6) What did David use , to fight Goliath, instead of King Saul's armor which was to big for him?
7) How many stones did he use to kill Goliath?
Have fun with your families learning about David and Goliath. Next week we'll learn about David and his best friend, Jonathan. Have a great week!
I look forward to seeing you all when we can meet together again.